HOME > Services > By Methodology > Focus Group Discussions
Focus Group Discussions
This methodology involves recruiting respondents who are appropriate for the survey topic and having a moderator interview them in a round-table discussion format.
We have 1.7 million online panelists and about 77,000 RJC consumer panelists, many of whom are non-Internet users. As a result, we can recruit appropriate respondents for your survey topic. Because many of our interviewers honed their experience inside and outside the company, they know how to elicit in-depth information from respondents.
Features of Focus Group Discussions
- Reflection of respondents’ psychology and sense of valueThis methodology is effective in revealing respondents’ emotions and sense of value that are difficult to detect via quantitative surveys.
- Synergetic effect by discussionRespondents are inspired by exchanging opinions, which can make discussions more fruitful.
- Direct observation of reactionsRespondents’ reactions (remarks, facial expressions, attitudes, etc.) can be observed in person.
- Honest opinions may not be revealed.Respondents may not always state their honest opinions in the presence of others depending on the topic, for example, concerning their privacy.
- Not suitable for surveys targeting the people belonging to rare groupIt is often difficult to collect the required number of them at the same time and same place.
Cases of Support
|Industry||Banking, Securities, & Insurance|
|Case||For the client to produce effective commercials in the future, we extracted creative elements, such as motifs, personalities and music, accepted by the target generation.|
Example of the quotation
|The range of service||Planning / Discussion guide design / Fieldwork / Analysis / Written report|
|Sample Size||1 group (6 people)|
|Number of questions||2 hours(maximum)|
|Respondents||Men and women in their 40s and 50s who live in the Tokyo metropolitan area|
|Output||Transcripts, written report|
|Time schedule||Approximately 4 weeks|
|The ballpark cost of above case will be 0.5 million JPY.|
※ The total amount of cost will be varied according to the range of service, research plan, qualification of respondents, direction of analysis, time schedule. We will estimate it according to your order. Please feel free to contact us.