HOME > Services > By Methodology > Mail Surveys
This methodology involves mailing a questionnaire to the respondent’s home or workplace and having them mail it back after responding.
We have about 77,000 RJC consumer panelists, representing about 22,000 households, mostly in major cities around the country. These panelists are registered in household units, so in cases where respondents’ family composition is a sampling condition, there is no screening required whatsoever. In addition, a high cooperation rate can be expected.
Teatures of Mail Surveys
- Low costEven region-wide surveys and mass sampling surveys can be carried out at relatively low cost.
- No time-of-day limitationsIt is possible to request cooperation from respondents who are seldom at home during the day.
- Advantage of non face-to-face communicationThis methodology is advantageous when the questionnaire contains questions difficult to answer face-to-face with interviewers.
- Difficulties in controlling the number of collected formsThe response rate can vary depending the survey topic or contents. It is difficult to control the number of collected forms.
- Questions can be previewed.Respondents can read through the questions before filling in the questionnaire forms. Therefore, genuine pure recollection cannot be expected from their answers.
- Survey duration is relatively long.A considerable length of time is necessary from the sending-out to the collection of questionnaire forms.
- There is an issue in obtaining lists of possible respondents.In recent years, it has become difficult to create lists of possible respondents from the Basic Resident Register, telephone directories, etc. Securing those lists, for example, by using panels that respond to mail surveys, is a significant issue.
Cases of Support
|Industry||Broadcast, Newspapers, & Publishing|
|Case||We carried out surveys targeting distributors’ buyers about procurement, sales and information collecting methods and provided the results of data summarization.|
Example of the quotation
|The range of service||Fieldwork / Data processing|
|Number of questions||15 questions|
|Respondents||RJC consumer panelists|
|Output||Grand totals, cross tabulation, raw response data|
|Time schedule||Approximately 5 weeks|
|The ballpark cost of above case will be 1.5 million JPY.|
※ The total amount of cost will be varied according to the range of service, research plan, qualification of respondents, direction of analysis, time schedule. We will estimate it according to your order. Please feel free to contact us.